Welcome to the official Press Portal for ESOC 2023, where journalists can find all the information and resources required to help them cover Europe’s leading forum for advances in research and clinical care of patients with cerebrovascular diseases.
This year, ESO is excited to share a packed and high-quality ESOC 2023 Scientific Programme that showcases the latest breaking stroke science, and our dedicated press team is looking forward to helping journalists from across the world maximise their exposure to these topics. From registration support to the organisation of one-to-one interviews with the foremost experts on show at the conference, the team is on-hand to ensure a fluid and positive conference experience for all registered journalists.
As we draw nearer to the conference, further press-related guidance will be made available on this page including information on recorded interviews with key principal investigators.
ESOC 2023 is taking place exclusively onsite in Munich and, as such, we strongly advise that journalists register in advance of the meeting. Registering onsite during the conference may result in delays in gaining accreditation and, therefore, access to the conference and its Scientific Programme. Please note that journalists cannot register to attend virtually this year, as ESOC 2023 is an onsite only event. Virtual recordings will not be available to rewatch immediately after sessions have finished.
Prior to the conference, all registered journalists will be sent an official ESOC Press Pack, which will feature some of the most ground-breaking and noteworthy topics due to be presented at the conference. If you would like to receive the Press Pack but are unable to attend onsite in Munich, please still register using the information provided below and indicate this on your registration application.
To register as a member of the press for ESOC 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and supply the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- An attachment of a valid press card and/or letter of accreditation
- Whether you will be attending onsite in Munich or would like to receive a copy of the Press Pack
A member of our press team will be in contact to confirm your registration.
- Accepted abstract titles are now available on the conference website/scientific programme. Information contained in these abstracts may not be released prior to the day of the abstract’s presentation (see further specifications below).
- Large clinical trial session abstracts will be made available at the end of the session they are being presented at. These include abstracts from the three plenary sessions taking place from 10:30 – 12:30 CEST on each day of the conference. Information contained in these abstracts may not be released until the end of each session.
- Information contained in late-breaking abstracts should not be released until the end of the session they are being presented at.
- Abstracts selected by ESO for press and media activities (outside of plenary abstracts) may not be released until 00:01 CEST on the day of their presentation. Please contact email@example.com for further information on these topics.
- Information contained in oral presentations, excluding late-breakers and large clinical trial session abstracts (see above), may not be released until 00:01 CEST of the day of the presentation.
- Please note that if any simultaneous publication is planned, the embargo policy from the relevant journal must be adhered to.
- Posters will only be available onsite.
- Violation of the embargo may result in the abstract being withdrawn from the conference.
Should you have any press-related queries regarding ESOC 2023, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.